Re: IML: 62 Imp. Heater Core sealant

I use this product for everything!  I sealed the heater core pipe and just about everything else.  Every clip on every piece of trim you name it.  Anything that could leak water.  It is 3m Strip-Calk.  Part # 051135-08578 black.  Comes in one foot lengths.  My Dad always buy it for me at a car paint shop near his home.  Hopefully the part number will help you find it locally.  This is great stuff, a must when restoring a car.

Richard

'60 Crown, '60 LeBaron

The Airtemp equipped cars aren't too difficult either. For the putty, I use the 3M product that comes in a blue box, and is laid in "strings" between pieces of wax paper. I can't remember the name of it, and my supply is at storage with the cars. Someone on the list probably knows what I am referring to. It is very pliable, and the strips are about nine inches long by about 1/4 inch thick. One box lasts a long time

Paul