IML: 62 Imp. Heater Core

Hi to All;  If any has to work on their heater core in a 62 4-Door without air cond., you will be shocked to find that it is Really Easy to get out!  I had a little leak from it & found that the core was in near perfect condition. The solider joint on the tube going to the core was leaking. Now a question. What type of sealant or what looks to be putty goes between the heater core & the housing (cover). The same material goes on the housing to seal it to the body.  It looks like plumbers putty. Does anyone know what it is or where I can get some.

Thanks Dave V.  & Happy Moparing !