IML: OK, another couple of questions

All:

Bear with me for another couple of questions?  I can't seem to find this information in either the FSM or in the details at the site.

What colour should the valve covers be for a 413 in 61 Crown?  Should they be black?  Does anyone have a picture of the engine compartment holding a 413?

Also, I am replacing the valve cover gaskets because I think that is the location of a leak causing some smoke -- well, I KNOW it is leaking because the old gaskets were split & broken.  Anyway, the new gasket kit that I bought has two grommets (same material as the gasket) for each bolt but the old gaskets didn't have grommets.

Can someone tell me the correct order of installation for the grommets?  I surely thought the FSM would include this info, but the extent of the description there is something like, "use a gasket adhesive...install gasket...install cylinder head cover...tighten bolts to xx ft. lb. torque..."  By the way, does anyone have a suggestion as to the brand or type of gasket adhesive to use?  Do most folks here use a spray-on adhesive or the stuff that comes in what looks like a paint tube?

As usual, thanks in advance everyone!

Joe
Allen Texas
'61 Crown 4D Southampton