IML: Home pot metal restoration, help, resources?

IML: Home pot metal restoration, help, resources?

What you need is a type of solder that has a melting point a bit lower than that of pot metal.  The proceedure is to drill out the corrosion, and fill the resulting hole with the solder, then sand it off and polish  it.  It sounds a lot simpler than it is.  I had some of the correct solder, but I do not recall the brand or style name, nor where I got it.  Getting the repaired area smooth, without scratches and cleaning all the flux off is critical, and not all that easy.

John