Re: IML: keep on drivin' them (product line Seafoam)

Re: IML: keep on drivin' them (product line Seafoam)

Hi guys,
I was going through my usual Saturday morning ritual
of reading Imperial e-mail, when I noticed your
"driving" thread. In the e-mail I noticed the story
about using "Seafoam" in the gas for easier starting
in cold weather.  Seafoam is a marvellous product if
your fuel system has no build up of old gas in it.
The odds are that most any old car from the 50s, 60s
and early 70s have a lead build up in the fuel system.
 Seafoam will dislodge this build up, so well that
your fuel system filters will clog for months after
usage.  I dumped this product in my 58 ford being told
that it will clean the system up.  I was told it would
make the carburetor work better and all of the other
sales pitches.  What it did was run me through about
12 filters in a month.  The car was driven a lot and
there were no problem until I did this.  I have had no
problems since with the car (knock on wood).  On my 55
Imperial I had cleaned the tank, replaced the fuel
pump and cleaned the fuel lines.  I dumped it into the
carburetor via the float bowel filter screen opening.
The metering valve and float valve were sticking shut
on the car.  It would not start after setting.  The
Seafoam fixed that problem and it will start after
setting for the long winter months.  I am however very
reluctant to use it in the tank.  I now use a little
"Marvel Mystery Oil" in each car before storage.  It
keeps the valves, oil rings, carburetor and fuel pump
free during those long months.  I dump a ounce or so
in at fill up.  Drive the car for 50 miles, then park
it.  I have not had a problem with these cars in many
years.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaaa

--- Mike Pittinaro <mechimike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43905&item=4517139616&rd=1

> > This one is in better shape.  Both beautiful cars.
>
> I really like this silver one...it reminds me of my
> first 67, though its a 68 and a sedan.  But very
> nice.
>  The cosmetic issues are minor- I would probably
> drive
> it as is.  Too bad it will go for more than I can
> afford.
>
> The white car is OK but I just am not a big fan of
> white Imperials.  The volvo would look good in
> white...maybe an off-white.
>
> > I recently drove my 68 Sedan on a road trip.  This
> > worked better.  So folks, don't let them sit.
>
> I agree.  2 weeks maximum.  Incidentally, the fellow
> with the volvo marine engines told me he uses a
> product called Seafoam in his gasoline.  For his
> engines that sit awhile (in his boats and his 1931
> Model A) he claims it makes them start easier,
> especially in the cold.  I tried to start the wagon
> the other day when it was below freezing and did not
> see any gas coming through the fuel filter.  I am
> suspicious there was water in it and it froze.  Some
> drygas will help that, they I will treat with the
> Seafoam I just bought.
>
> Took YE out last night.  The more I drive it, the
> more
> I love it.  The smoothest, most powerful car I have
> ever driven.  Its as good as any modern- a huge,
> massively overpowered modern.
>
> =====
> --Mike Pittinaro
>
> Beautiful Boxcar