Re: IML: Andrea Doria on Discovery

On Jan 6, 2005, at 6:07 PM, JRogers714@xxxxxxx wrote:

As an Imperial and ocean liner enthusiast, I can tell everyone that it is not
uncommon to hear some reference to the Ghia Norseman car. However the Andrea
Doria lies on her side and most likely debris has fallen on and destroyed the
car. However give the special a chance, there is never any telling when a
mention of the Norseman will turn up in a Doria book or documentary.

Weren't there 18 or so '57 Ghia limousines that went down with the Andrea Doria in the same tragedy? It might be an Imperial Urban legend, but I seem to remember that Ghia had to re-make a fresh batch to fulfill their orders.

Does anybody else know more about this? My memory's not so good these days.