Re: IML: Imperial Electrical

1) Turn signal: This is standard procedure if one of the bulbs is burned out. Check & see if you only have one stop light, as well. Then check the other end of the car. Of course, this will also happen if, for instance, the bulb is still good but loses its ground or loses its supply of 12V.

2) Check the Imperial Club pages for the entire article on electroluminescent problems and rebuilding. The most likely problem is the paper capacitor which, being a paper capacitor, could not last for all time immemorial. The site is under Repair --> Electrical --> Electroluminescence and is located here:
http://imperialclub.org/Repair/Electrical/EL.htm

--Brooks in Dallas
  '61 4-door
  '63 Crown Convertible

Brandt Daniels wrote:

Could anyone tell me why my electroluminescent lighting is bright when I first start the car but fades to almost nothing after about 5 miles or so? Also can anyone tell me why my right turn signal does not blink when engaged but only stays solid? My Left turn signal works perfect every time.

Brandt
1963 Le Baron

-- ~~This message was brought to you by the language C and the number F.