IML: 55 Imperial interchange

RC;
The interchange manual list 55-6 Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler as interchanges for the shocks.  I found a bit on one of the 300 clubs' sites that says a front shock listed for a '73 half-ton Dodge will fit the '55s.  As for the rears, I actually think that they are the same for many years of Mopars.  The Monroe site may list a good number.
The interchange for the u-joints is similarly narrow plus there is a running change in '55, so you have to determine if you're early or late.  If you take the old joint in to your parts house, they should be able to match it up for you.  Once you find the good current numbers for these goodies, let us all know as I think there is a place on the OIC site for various parts sources/numbers.
Cheers,
Roger