An odd duck (was Re: IML: 1961 air cleaner housing)

An odd duck (was Re: IML: 1961 air cleaner housing)

That's one odd looking Mopar air cleaner.  All the ones I have had ('69
forward) have had a flattened rectangular snorkel style with caps on the
snorkels.  These appear to be round and capless.  I do not see any recirc
or vacuum fittings or hoses, indicating an early vintage.  Even in the
early '60s there was an air recirc hose.  It looks for all the world like
the standard 413 air cleaner housing except it has two snorkels.  I looked
at both air cleaners this seller is offering, and they both look like they
have surface rust and want paint.

I do not believe Ma Mopar ever created a dual snorkel air cleaner that
would not fit a 4-barrel carburetor.  2- or single-bbl carbs wouldn't need
one.

As pointed out earlier, the most important thing is that the base plate fit
your carb.  The next most important thing is that you have sufficient
clearance to close the hood once it's on.

-- David
'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 Crown Coupe project
'66 Newport 383 dual exhaust .030 over 4-bbl Eddys/B&M/Cragars in memory of
my daughter Rebecca
'70 New Yorker 4-door "Mellow Yellow" FOR SALE

                      "jsadowski"
                      <jsadowski@xxxxxxx>             To:       <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      ialclub.com

                      12/13/2004 06:00 PM
                      Please respond to
                      mailing-list

I wonder what this is supposed to fit? I would expect the bidding to go
pretty high on one that fits a 4 barrel.
John