IML: brake drum

i need a left front brake drum for a 1954 windsor. i found one for sale that is off a 1951 imperial. it appears that all the brake parts i see for sale such as shoes and wheel cylinders are all the same for both cars and i believe they are both 12 inch drums. without having to take one off my 53 imperial to try it out for size  i  thought someone on the list can confirm that the 51 imp. drum can be used on my 54 windsor. am i right?  dennis