Re: IML: So is it a '53 or a '54?

Hello all;
 It looks like a 53' Custom Imperial to me. From a distance it looks pretty
good, complete at least, but what a poor presentation. It might make a good
resto project but who knows without trunk and interior shots. The suggestion
of purchasing it for a rod motor is laughable, at this starting price, as it
only has a 331, in unknown condition, likely with an extended bell housing
to boot. It's still not that hard to find one without having to deal with
the rest of the car, 331s were used for years as industrial and marine
motors, as well as in cars, and those are ones without that bell housing
that you need a transmission adapter.
  It never ceases to amaze me how many people fail to do their homework
before selling a car like this, especially when all that they have to do is
follow a few auctions for similar cars beforehand and take a few notes on
presentation. To me if it was possible to get a car running before selling
it I would try to make the effort to do so, or a least perform a compression
test and post it, it's worth at least a couple hundred over a car that
doesn't. The only thing that this guy got right with this auction was in not
setting a reserve price.
 BTW, did anyone notice the fuselage car parked in front of it? Could it be
a 72' Imperial?
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing a left side tailight bezel and other trim parts
1975 Chrysler Newport
Is going to receive a smog-ectomy
1978 Puch Newport
Just fixed the tailight housing, wish I could do that with the Imperial.