Re: IML: High velocity

>From: "Kenneth Napper" <I440toyou@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: IML: Tune Up Edelbrock v. AFB
>
>Hi all,143 mph is possible and easy to do in an Imperial.My question is
>why?With the weight and stability of the car,it would feel fine.As for
>the breaks;they could stop a mack truck:provided all is in good working
>order.But why?You may be under control,the person in your way may
>not,YOU WILL LIVE,they will not,especially in the new car there in!

    Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but when I really open a car up I
generally try to do so when there aren't other folks nearby on the road.
    There are also some highways in the US where the median travel speed is
in the 90s, and travelling in traffic at the speed limit is more likely to
cause an accident than travelling at 90 or 100mph. One time in my '62 on
I-95 South between Trenton and Philly I had to use _the right lane_ going
90. Semis kept sailing by me like I was holding up commerce.
     -Kle.
     '69 Crown 4DHT