Re: IML: poor man's tranny fluid change

I recall that one of my 70's or 80's vehichles had a bolt under the bell housing of the tranny so that it oo could be drained. then this disappeared on that model. My understanding is that a fluid change typically does not remove the fluid from the bell housing unless you do that $75.00+ changes that claims to suck out 98% of the fluid.
This poor boy drains and replaces fluid then drives the vehichle and repeats the process 3x. It is time consuming but cheaper than the above. I defer replacing filter and gasket to every other and have not noted the filter to be "dirty". I believe that by diluting the fluid it in essence "changes the fluid" in the bell housing. Checking the label reveals that off-brands often have same manufacturer as the expensive name brands of fluid.
Comments? My economy should change soon so I may beable to adoptamore ideal modus operandi change fluido de transymissioni en carro generico.
jh