Subject: IML: help!
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:04:21 -0800
From: "Brandt Daniels" <bdaniels@xxxxxxxxx>
Hey Guys I got my 1963 Le Baron in the shop right now and theyre trying =
to fix everything on it. I tried to bleed the brakes on it. but ive =
never done it before even after reading up on it. I felt that brakes =
were a safety thing so i took it to the professionals. They flushed the =
brake system with new fluid. they said my front drums are done for and =
need new ones with the shoes. they havent even gotten the rear drums off =
they say theyre stuck. and they say i need a new voltage regulator and =
that has drained my battery so i might need a new one of those. they =
also say i have a heater hose on my p/s pump and need a suction hose of =
some sort. and also an oil leak because the valve covers werent on tight =
enough. they also patched a hole caused by a rusty nail in the right =
rear tire. help me save money! they told me about 700 for everthing i =
told em 300 MAX! any thoughts on this? how can i get my car out of the =
shop the cheapest? i feel like im trying to bail it from jail.