RE: Re: IML: DISC-O-TECH Article

I don't have the truck to compare, but it is something I've been looking
into.  I've researched the ball joint and other various suspension part
numbers, and found that the ball joints used in the '67-75 Imps were used in
the 1/2 & 3/4 ton 2WD Rams from '72-93, '70-93 B-vans, the last generation
C-bodies ('74-78), and 2WD Dakotas from '87-96.  Funny the Durangos and
later Dakotas had ball joint problems when the design changed

I haven't been able to get my hands on any last generation C-body, or Ram
spindles just yet.  I have talked with one person who tried the C-body parts
on a '67 Imp, but said they couldn't get the camber set.  I don't have any
measurements to work from to know how close it was, or of there was another
alternative (like Moog "problem solver" upper bushings) to get the camber
set.

I have been looking into the Ram spindle option.  A friend in our local
Mopar club is restoring a 'Lil Red Express and parted out another 1/2 Ram.
He has the complete front suspension sitting until he knows if he needs it
or not.  I believe another IML'er is looking into this as well.

The only other thought I just had would be to have custom caliper adapters
made up.  Not a cheap proposition, but not out of the question. Then that
still leaves the rotor problem for us "Budds" out here.  The Supra option
has been proven, but I'm wondering if the later truck rotors can be adapted
similar to the article on the IML site where the 4.5" bolt pattern rotors
were machined out to take the Imp's wheel bearings.

Something else to toy with.  The current Rams have rear disk brakes, and I
believe they still share the same bolt pattern with the Imperial.  They
changed the rear axle itself, so I don't know if the flanged ends are the
same as earlier Chrysler designs, or something completely different.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron