Re: IML: IML Paint the Radiator, '58 Southampton

Re: IML: IML Paint the Radiator, '58 Southampton

Radiator paint question...

I've had the radiator pulled from my '58 for about 2 months and have been riding it around in the trunk of my daily driver, this in the hopes of happening through a neighboring town (Slidell, Louisiana) to drop it off for a test and anticiapted recore.  Today was finally the day, and I was impressed with the shop.  They had a '38 Ford in the bay and were plainly busy and well-organized.  No wrecks in the side lot, etc.  I left the radiator and by the time I got back to my office, they were calling with an estimate for the re-core, $68.00.  It's supposed to be done by Friday.  They asked me to bring the fuel tank on my next visit.  I was impressed, because the reception I've gotten so far from other vendors is that they'd take the tank only if I begged hard enough.  My two favorite mechanics in town recommended the shop in Slidell, and I can now see why.

QUESTION: I want to paint the radiator tank and the shroud before re-assemble it.  I apologize in advance if that information A: is already on the site, or B: was the subject of a recent litany of emails.  Regardless, anyone care to give me some pointers?  Correct color(s)?  Type of paint? Source for paint?

Thanks very much.

Patrick Moore
Southeast Louisiana
'58 Southampton 4 door hrdtp