From: TomChoice
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 3:46 PM
Subject: IML: Please WELCOME New Members, Tom & Yolanda Csibor (1968)

Thank you for the welcome. This 1968 Imperial we just purchased is a one family car and has 86k original miles. It was purchased new in San Francisco and has spent most of her life in Sacramento and San Jose. She has been sitting for a couple of years now and has several "issues". The body and interior are quite good, but the brakes and electrical system are in pretty sorry shape. First item on the agenda are the brakes. The infamous Budd Calipers are frozen solid. Fortunately, the rotors are still in good shape. I understand that Cardone has remans and that upgrades to the 1971 - 1973 Imperial front end is possible. Before I go that route, I would like to attempt to resleeve and rebuild my current ones. I have a small machine shop in my garage, so can do the resleeving, however, my search for the rebuild kit has proven futile. Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase the rebuild parts?(piston, seals ad boots).

Many thanks.

Tom