Re: IML: 67/68 w/out vinyl top

I have two 68 LeBarons, both have vinyl tops.  The vinyl tops on both of these cars is different in thickness and grain from the tops used on the Crowns, which was much thinner and with a different grain pattern.  The vinyl used on the LeBarons looks more like leather than the tops used on the Crowns.  The Crown Coupes used the landau roof as standard, with the full vinyl roof as an option.  I much prefer the landau vinyl roof on the coupes, due to the more attractive chrome metal work that extends from the body and over the roof.
I have a friend in France who has a 68 LeBaron, this car did not have a vinyl roof or air conditioning.  It was a gift grom Chrysler to the French President of Simca, which Chrysler either owned or had an interest in at that time. During 1968 Chrysler was proud of their anti-rust efforts, but I do not know how this was done, dipped in a vat I guess, and I suspect the body was suspended by the roof, which might have prevented it from getting coated with the anti-rust compounds.

Bill/Imp, 68's