IML: Update on 67 Project

Long time members may recall that I started a half-vast project in March of
2002 to spiffy up a 35,000 mile 1967 Crown 4 Dr. that I had dragged out of
my barn after looking at it for 10 years.

This will be "chapter 4" when added to the IML site.  (Kenyon, do I have to
contact someone to make this happen?  If so, tell me how to proceed, please
(I confess I haven't followed all the changes in management that you hard
working folks have done.)

There is a write-up on the project on the IML site, at
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1967/DickBsRefurb/index.htm

For those who'd like to see the starting point, see:
http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/BFLF.jpg

The car on the truck after stripping down to a rolling empty shell, March
2002:
http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/P3260005.jpg

Note that the original color was white, with a tattered black vinyl top.

Well, today was a big day!   I brought it home from the body shop.  Now I
get to put it back together!

Here are a few pictures taken as I arrived home with it.

http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/TKn67.jpg

http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/LF.jpg

http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/LFclos.jpg

http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/LRnTk.jpg

http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/RF.jpg

http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/RS.jpg

http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/RR.jpg

Sharp eyed viewers will note that the car is no longer white, and no longer
has a vinyl top, and perhaps also that the truck has had to be traded in on
a matching color one.

Now the hard work begins - finding where I stashed all those tiny pieces!

I did not allow the shop to detail the chassis - so it looks rather lousy
now, after living in a paint shop for 2 1/2 years, but I did not want them
to destroy all the factory inspection marks etc, so I will be doing the
chassis detailing myself.   They did all the topside work, however,
including everything that showed even an overspray of the original color.
The only way anyone will ever know that I changed the color is to read the
data plate, which I will leave original, of course.

Dick Benjamin