IML: Great Fix for Fiber Board Door Panels

IML: Great Fix for Fiber Board Door Panels

Are you frustrated with trying to refasten panels (door, or in my case the front seat back panels on my '67 convertible) that have broken around the wireform fasteners that are a pain in the best of circumstances?  Let me share with you a good fix.  At Auto Zone I picked up the more updated "Christmas tree" type plastic push on fasteners and fender washers.  If you get a fastener package with assorted sizes you can determine the best interference fit for the mating hole.  Assemble with the fastener on the inside of the panel and sandwiching the panel with a fender washer on the outside of the panel.  Glue and clamp the washer to the panel which will fix/reinforce the panel and give you a solid surface to pry against the next time you need to remove the panel.