Re: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Ned Potter (1948)

Re: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Ned Potter (1948)

Thanks for the nice welcome, Jim!

I would definately be interested in a shop manual and parts book.  If you find one let me know the price including shipping.  I'll give you shipping directions, probably to AZ, or ask you to hold shipping until I get there so I know it will be protected.  I did find one for a Desoto and a lot of parts were interchangeable but I'm not sure which ones.

Yes, the window switches are a special type of switch.  They each have to electrical terminals.  I have to be very careful with the broken one.  I can't let it touch the metal door panel or it sparks.

What I wish I could find is a tool for removing the hub caps without ruining the beauty rings.  I don't even know if they made such an item so I may have to devise something on my own.  It's time to replace the tires!

Ned Potter - '48 Crown Imperial    White Bear Lake, MN / Apache Junction, AZ