Re: IML: 1960 ?Map Light switch ?& Power ?Antenna switch

Re: IML: 1960 ?Map Light switch ?& Power ?Antenna switch

This switch is the same on 1960 through 1963 Imperials with one big exception. 1961 through 1963 Imperials use only the "MAP" light side of the switch if the cars have the big Antenna Switch in the line up on either side of the steering wheel. I am not sure which it is of the Auto Pilot or the Rear Air (Defog) options that result in the 1960 style combination MAP/ANT switch above the radio. Both my '63 and '62 Imperials have both of these options and, hence, the combo switch, like that in all 1960 models.

Years ago I purchased as many of these as I could. I have managed to piece together enough so that mine all work in the 4 cars, and I have a couple of extras.  I am posting to let you know that if you have all the parts, the switches can be repaired. They are tricky, as there are little springs, little contacts, and shafts within that need to be cleaned and installed "just so". The key is patience.

Also, a similar switch is used for the "MAP" light for several years after that. Even though the bezel is installed differently, many pieces including the internal parts of the "MAP" light switch are the same and can be used to repair the older ones.

Paul