Fuel Delivery Problem

phil. i just saved a 66 from demise by buying it and bringining it home. when i saw it, the elctronic fuel pump was not working.  i chose to replace the electroninc fuel pump, and  went back to a mechanical pump. i just ordered a new fuel pump from the parts house and the pushrod, and we ran home from the purchase trouble free. my advise is just hit the  parts store.