From: Eric
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 8:13 AM
Subject: IML: Wood Veneer

Back in the 70's, I owned a '65 Crown Coupe. The majority of the wood veneer
was in pretty good shape, the door panels had a little water damage. I tried
some wood oil that my mother had for at least a decade or more. I recall the
oil had a kind of cherry aroma and had a red hue, but I forget the brand
now. I tried it on the veneer pieces on my dash and door panels and was
impressed at the restoration of the color of the wood.
These pieces of veneer are wafer thin, 'refinishing' could be overkill when
a surface treatment restores the color and softens the surface to relieve
the raised, dry grain.
Thats my buck and a half on the subject.

Eric
'63 Crown Four-Door
'72 Newport Custom sedan