'66 Coupe interior wood removal -- how to?

'66 Coupe interior wood removal -- how to?

The wood on the door panels is easy to remove.  Take
off door panels and bend back retaining tabs on chrome
trim that surrounds wood panels.  The metal-backed
wood panels lift out easily.

All other areas of wood trim - dash, steering wheel -
would be removed at your peril.  They are on thin
metal backing plates which can bend easily - and if
they bend they will never lie flat again.  Unless the
wood is completely rotted, I would suggest carefully
masking off the dash & chrome trim, carefully sanding
and refinishing the wood without removing it.  (Note:
the "wood trim" on the seat backs is not wood - it is
a decal.  Don't attempt to remove.)

Best wishes on your restoration efforts!

Chris H.

60 NY T&C
66 Lebaron