Apollo 11 - Imperial connection

Gang,
With the aniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing and me being in Houston, I
found a link to this historic event with a truly historic Imperial. I'm sure
most on the list are familar with the Ghia Parade Phaetons. In 1969, New
York City threw a ticker tape parade in honor of Neil, Buzz and Michael.
They were were riding in the New York Parade Phaeton.

Here's a photo of that historic event:
    http://www.imperialclub.com/Rare/Phaetons/1950s/NewYork/apollo.htm

Also, we've been conversing with a gentleman in New York City. He tells us
they are moving forward wit the restoration of the this wonderful Imperial.
I'll try to keep everyone abreast of their progress and will be posting
photos of their milestones.

Happy Motoring!

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible