Please WELCOME New Members, Ricky & Christine Luke (1940)

Please WELCOME New Members, Ricky & Christine Luke (1940)

New Subscriber(s): Ricky & Christine Luke
Email Address is: rjluke63@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Temora NSW Australia

Car(s) owned: 1940 Chrysler Royal - very similar to the 1939 Imperial in the Chrysler CC.

Self-Introduction: G'day all. A friend of my Dad's had this sitting on his property for the last ten years. As usual, his son was going to "do it up". The property has been sold, so I acquired the car a couple of months ago. After a bit of investigation, the chassis came out of Detroit as a 6 cyl 122" Windsor, given a 1939 cabin and a 1940 clip by TJ Richards in Adelaide, South Australia, and trimmed with leather seats, carpet, white plastic door handles and winders - generally the same as the 1939 Australian bodied Imperial. See http://au.geocities.com/rjluke63/40_Chrysler.html. The Second WW probably had a lot to do with the mix of parts. Looks likes it's a rare vehicle, but will be nice when it's finished.

Chris was always a bit "ho hum" about me getting another classic car to restore, but she LOVES the body style. Half the battles won :)

Rick Luke