67 plug changes

This spring I had the pleasure of  witnessing Leslie change the #7 plug on
her 67 Imperial.  I can tell you that a spark plug socket thats not
excessively long and thats been broached on the end to accept an end wrench
will work very nicely for this.  You place the socket over the plug, use the
end wrench to initially loosen the plug and once you get the plug out a few
turns you can then turn it out the rest of the way by hand using the socket.

It is extremely difficult to find a combination of ratchet and extension
that will clear the steering column and manifold at this particular
location.  I had half a dozen different extensions, sockets, ratchets ,
ujoints and adapters with me and the most effective tool we used was the
combination wrench and plug socket.

I would doubt very much that the T handle wrench would ever clear the column
of a 67, as the steering column jacket is extremely close to the manifold at
this point.  None the less, it CAN be done with a bit of patience.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe