The Haze Green Era? The Formal Years?

> You are correct, sir.  However, "Haze Green" was
> only offered as a color in 1967.  In 1968, there
> were 3 greens offered, Frost Green, Meadow Green,
> and Forest Green (light, medium, dark).  By far (I
> think) the most popular color that year was the
> Frost Green, followed by the Meadow Green.

Well, you learn something new everyday.  I guess green
was pretty popular.  Ever wonder why most car lines
nowadays only offer 4 or 5 bland, uninteresting
colors?

> I really think that era should be called "The
> Avocado Green" years, because 1967-68 is really when

Yes, because "avocado" is so much better than "Haze".
;)  Makes me think of a 1970's washing machine we used
to have.  "Frost Green" isn't bad.

> A better name for the 67s-68s would be "The
> Conservative Years," maybe, or "2nd Generation
> Engle," or the "Formal Years."  Or how about just
> "The Best Years?"  Okay, just kidding.  As long as

I'll agree with that last one.  Its funny you mention
"The Formal Years"...I was looking out my window this
morning at my 67 coupe parked in the drive
(temporarily out of its garage, as I work on it in the
nice weather) and thinking how stately it looks.  "The
Stately years"...a 67 Imperial exudes class and
distinction by virtue of its style better than any
other car I can think of from that era.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Beautiful Boxcar