Re: Anyone Looking For A 1955 Sedan?

Just wanted to query the group to see if anyone is
interested in a well-kept- nearly original- 1955. I went to
look at it this week in nearby Aberdeen, MD. I also took 18
digital shots- with permission- and will be glad to send
them along to anyone that is looking for such.

The asking price is US $ 6300. and I didn't inquire about
whether that is flexible or not. I actually talked to the
son of the owner. His dad is now in the local hospital and
not doing very well, so it seemed to not be time for too
much emphasis on money.

Although I'm not in the appraisal business, I did go to the
IML Web Site and peeked at the Price Guide valuations and
noted that a #4 conditioned car is US $ 4000. and a #3 shows
US $ 8000. The car seems to be close to the #3 condition- to
my relatively untrained eye.

Just a few notes about the car:

  . It looks to be a car that has always been garaged.
  . the chrome is good to very good
  . I saw no apparent rust
  . the miles showing are 39K plus, but from the brake and
gas
    pedals, I would estimate that is really 139K - at least.
  . all looks good under the hood- with some apparent newer

    components( brake booster,master cylinder, generator,
and
    signs of re-wiring at some point.
  . I did not hear the car running. It hadn't been started
in
    over a year, so I was told.

 If anyone wants more details, I'll be happy to send the
pics
 the phone number and name.

Clark Thomas, Custodian for :
 Moparius Maximus- ( AKA 1966 Crown 4drht)