Rubber Has Vulcanized?

A couple of things don't sound right here. Rubber doesn't vulcanize. It "is
vulcanized" to the metal part. This is a means of permanently fastening the
rubber to the part needing to be insulated. Maybe he said that it
"de-vulcanized", which I suppose could be a way of saying that your drive line
support insulator fell apart. This may have also happened to your transmission
support mount and both engine mounts. Early '60s Imperials are notorious for
this.

The other thing that didn't sound right was that he replaced your "lower wheel
bearings. There are front wheel bearings and there are rear wheel bearings. Up
front, there are inner wheel bearings and outer wheel bearings. They are all
pretty much located at the same height.

Glad that you found someone that you can trust, that is as long as these were
mis-quotes, and not what he really told you. If he really said those things,
take your car and RUN!

Paul