Sent:
Saturday, August 21, 2004 3:14 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: It's business as usual at Gary Goers!

OK here we go again on the Gary thing. Yes he does take a long time and yes he does not communicate well but yes he does have the passion for our old Mopars to create parts of good quality for an unquestionably limited market. It took 5 months for my parts to arrive due to no availability on one of my roof rail weatherstrips, but they did arrive and are of the quality I expected. I finally got results by sending a fax asking nicely and expressing a personal concern for his wellbeing. Within 2 days I received an email from his assistant explaining the weather-strip situation and informing me that the parts were on their way less the elusive part. About 2 weeks later I received a cheque for the refund of the missing parts and excess shipping that I had paid. Honest, yes, how many ebayers would refund a shipping overpayment.

It is unfortunate that problems sometimes arise in any business, but they do. However what would we do if the Gary Goers of this world, quirky and eccentric as they may sometimes be, decided to just say “To heck with it, I don’t need the hassles” and hung up the gloves.  That would be a true loss to the hobby especially those of us with our wonderful orphan cars.  Have you looked in Steeles catalogue for Imperial parts? Nada, not one, zippo. Why? No money in it.

I too have questioned Gary’s business practices in the past on this list but in retrospect, the parts arrived 4 weeks before the car was back from paint and body, so what if it took 5 months. The moral of the story is, I guess, preplan, figure out what you need, then order it right away so that if it takes a while the impact is lessened. Most of us are in this as a hobby, not a business so while a delay may be an inconvenience it is not the end of the world.

Just an opinion, brought to you by:

Ernie and the Black Bitc_.