rear axle angles (57 Imp)

I had a similar vibration in my '62 LeBaron last summer. It only happened at
exactly 60 mph. It wasn't there below 60 or above 60. My front end man said it
was the drive line and my transmission man said that it was the front end. I
had the front end rebuilt, tires balanced, checked the front wheel bearings,
replaced the transmission mount, u-joints, center support bearing and mount.
Nothing made it go away. I didn't feel bad about doing all of that stuff to the
car since it was all old and worn anyway. I did not have the drive shafts
balanced. I knew that the vibration wasn't there before, so that wouldn't have
changed.

It turned out that one of the radial tires had something wrong with it. It was
on the right front. I still don't know what was wrong with that tire. It was
not out of round, it didn't have a "bend" in it, and it was in balance. I had
all four tires balanced five times. It never felt like it was only emanating
from the right front of the car. Out of desperation, I bought a new set of
tires, and the entire problem went away. In addition, due to the fact that I
had all of that other work done, the car drives better now than it has for the
whole 25 years that I have owned it.

Paul