?starting problems/low compression

I am not going to disagree with this, but have not really experienced this
problem as a result soley of low compression. I have three cars with very worn,
somewhat low-on-compression engines. I did have lots of trouble getting them
started, but that went away when I replaced the spark plugs. The biggest
problem that I have had with worn out cars is fouled spark plugs. The more worn
the engine, the faster they foul out. They do seem to start easier and run
okay, though, when the plugs are fresh. I have also gone further without
fouling if I install the "next hotter" plug. I don't know exactly what that
means, but I learned about it while driving worn out cars when I was in high
school.

I think low compression is a more serious problem with diesel powered cars. If
a diesel car is low on compression it won't start.

If any of my Imperials sit around a lot and run in neutral in place in the
garage (with the doors open, of course)without being driven very much, they
foul plugs even if the engines aren't worn out. I don't start any of my cars
any more unless I am going to drive them someplace. If they sit long enough
that I think I need to move the engine, I turn it over with the starter with
the coil disconnected. Sometimes I do that if I am going to start them, to
circulate the engine oil a bit before an actual start.

Good topic!

Paul