parted 68 on ebay

Quoting ktjosephson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> P.S.- Anybody see the '68 being parted out and sold in pieces on eBay? The
> guy is offering some pretty choice stuff.

Yes, unfortunately.  The guy says he decided to part it out because the power
windows don't work when its warm outside.  This is an unusual excuse.  He also
says that his back hurts, so he can't work on it any more, while he needs the
money from the parts.  I told him to prepare for tons of back crushing work if
he expects to disassemble that car enough to make a profit out of it
(everything is held by 10 tmes more bolts/screws than a normal car).  I told
him his best bet is to put it back together and sell it as a unit, there are
plenty of non-restorable parts cars out there.  Also, we have the usual excuse.
 Cheap source for a TNT 440 for his rubber burning toy.  I told him there is
nothing special with that 440 even though it says TNT on the air cleaner, and
his is better off financially leaving the engine where it is, selling the car
as a unit since its real nice (assuming he is truthfull on that), and get
himself a junkyard 440 for his toy car.

I doubt he listened.  By the time he will realize that selling Imperial parts is
not as easy money as he thinks, it may be too late.

D^2