Newport to New Yorker and back again

Tonight's project ended up with the hood, fenders and inner fender wells
removed from the car.

First the hood had to be removed...

http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0002.JPG
http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0003.JPG

I then lifted the front and put it on jack stands.  This allowed me to
remove the front tires to give access to the bolts on the under side of the
fender...

http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0004.JPG

First, the right fender and inner fender come off...

http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0005.JPG
http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0006.JPG
http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0007.JPG

Then the left fender.  You can see how rusted the inner fender was on this
side.  This is not characteristic of this car.  There is not nearly this
much rust on the rest of the car...

http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0008.JPG
http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0009.JPG
http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0010.JPG
http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0012.JPG
http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0013.JPG

So here she sits.  Except for a couple ground wires that I had to remove,
the car is still runnable and drivable the way it is.

http://imperial.point2this.com/misc/CarStuff/2004-08/79Newport2/Image0011.JPG

I guess now is a good time to change that #7 spark plug!

Please quote this message in your reply.  Otherwise I will be unable to
reply to your message.  Thanks.