distributor wiggle

Years ago the distributor in my '56 Imperial became so worn that the rotor
scrapped the inside of the distributor cap. It rained little flakes of brass
down over the points, which finally must have arced and killed the ignition.
When it quit, one of the first things that I did was open the distributor and
discover that problem. Once I replaced it, the car started and ran fine.

Paul