'79 Chrysler 300 for sale in New Orleans

'79 Chrysler 300 for sale in New Orleans

Dear IML'ers:

I took an excursion train ride with my seven-year old and my Dad from New
Orleans to Meridian, Mississippi and back today on the Amtrack Southern
Crescent.  I believe it was about 300 miles round trip.  My dad and son are
both train crazy, and we all enjoyed it.  I particularly appreciated having
a chance to read the entire paper, cover to cover, as we rocked along.

I read the following in the auto classifieds from the New Orleans newspaper,
in case anyone is interested:

'79 Chrysler 300, $2,500 obo. Fully loaded.  RUNS. (504) 263-1734

I'm plowing money into my '58 Southampton, or I'd have called the number
right then as we rode through the train yards of southwest Mississippi.  I
had a '79 Cordoba and once I finally figured out who could service the lean
burn system, it was a wonderful car.  I remember seeing one '79 300 back
when they were new, and then never again.

Just thought someone might want to know...

Patrick E. Moore
black 1958 Imperial: The Ravin'
Southeast Louisiana