Custom, Crown, ?LeBaron?

There are ways to tell.

The easiest way is by the interior trim. Each model was different. The Custom
never used real leather, but had "leather grained" vinyl. The Crowns always
used either leather or broad cloth and often in combination with some snazzy
brocade full leather was also available. LeBarons tended to have interiors
similar to Crowns, but usually not in combination with a "snazzy" material.
Both full leather and broadcloth were available. Also, the word LeBaron is
posted around the interior in many years more than Crowns designated
themselves. Customs did not say Custom anyplace inside or outside.

On the exterior, Customs as mentioned don't say Custom, but say Imperial in all
the usual places. Crowns would have extra gold crowns posted in crucial
locations, and sometimes would say CROWN in addition to Imperial. LeBarons
often have slightly different chrome trim, say LeBaron in certain places, and
from 1960 on have a small "town car" back window.

Only Crown offered a convertible, and LeBarons only were available as
Southamptons or Sedans. No two door LeBarons until the Fuselage styles.

Option wise, Customs are very basic and were available in with MANUAL windows,
though seldom did they actually come that way. I have seen a few Imperial
Customs with manual windows. Crowns had power windows standard, and LeBarons
had power vent windows standard in many of the years. Air conditioning and Auto
Pilot were options to all models along with many, many other features. You
really have to study the sales literature to know all of the differences.
Luckily for all of us, the OIC Web site has most of that faithfully available
for us to admire.

Paul