71 413 motorhome/truck block

This engine should bolt right into your '72 Imperial (same car, hard start, no
A/C, right?). The parts off your engine should fit since the block itself is
the same.

I am pretty sure that the horsepower of block cannot be determined until you
explain what all of the other parts of the engine are going to be. If they are
off your existing car (heads, carb, camshaft and lifters)the horsepower of it
should end up the same as what you have now (other then the differences due to
wear and tear). R.V engines may have had additional cooling capacity through
heavy duty external components, but the engines should be exactly the same
between '71 and '72.

Do you plan on replacing your motor because it is hard to start? What other
symptoms does your current motor exhibit that would lead you to want to replace
it. Those things, if serious could all contribute to your starting problems as
well as the white smoke, etc. described in one of your other posts.

Paul