Where's my dipstick?

Bill,
I'm not that familiar with your engine, But I have had that same problem with
other cars I've owned. The tubes on those cars were just pressed in the hole.
The fix i used was to carefully insert a tapered punch in the lower end of the
dip-stick tube. Taking a light hammer driving the punch into the tube to flare
it a bit. Then reinstalling it into the engine.
George