Need Info on Changing engine

Title:
Since I am scrapping the car later (Imperial) I have been removing parts, would it be easier to remove the grill and slide it out with all the front removed? ie: radiator, frame for radiator, and grill.
I've done this on my car several years ago and i advise you to remove the whole assy (engine + trans). You must of course remove the grill, radiator and hood before removing the engine.  You can do this on ground, no need to put the car on ramps. Beware of the distributor and cap, you must remove it before lifting the engine. If your car has A/C, ther's a very little gap between rear of engine and heater-A/C housing (note also that ther's some oil lines at rear of engine to remove). If you scrap the car, remove also brake parts as MC and bellow, in factall parts around engine. The more space you have around, the easier it'll be. Weight : engine is around 700 lbs,  trans around 250 lbs.

--
Philippe COURANT

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f