Re: Re: IML: 69 sedan

I think D2 answered this indirectly already, but if not here goes: the short B
pillar in the hardtop extends from the rocker panels (or the lower frame rails,
really) to the top of the doors and is mainly a place to hang the hinges for
the rear doors, and also to provide more structural rigidity.

And there's nothing mysterious about the designations of A,B,C, etc., it's just
a way of numbering (or lettering?) the pillars from the front of the body back.
 In a stationwagon there is a "D" pillar as well.

I've been looking at Imperials for about 10 years now and 69 sedans are pretty
rare.  I've only seen one or two that I can remember. (It's funny to me to see
the way trends go, in terms of the popularity of bodystyles.  Prior to the
60's, just about everything was a sedan.  Then hardtops became very popular.
Now we're back to sedans again.  I don't think anyone makes a true "hardtop"
anymore, but I could be wrong.)  I personally like the rear window of the
LeBaron, but the rarity of the 69 sedan makes it a bit more desireable, I think.

Mark M