Litter basket (was Finless 1961 Imperial Crown on E-bay)

Litter basket (was Finless 1961 Imperial Crown on E-bay)

>Chris Hawkins <imperial1966@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Has anyone noticed the litter basket on the RH
kickpanel? I have one on my 60 New Yorker - a factory option. Itis removeable
and quite similar to the one in this car.  Were these ever offered on
Imperials, or was this more discreet customization by the owner?

I can't say what the PO did, but the one in the pic looks exactly like one my
dad had in a '66 F*rd, just a gold-colored plastic bin with an adjustable wire
hanger that clipped over the kick panel. I always thought it was an aftermarket
piece, though I've never seen one in a store. BTW, my '84 Olds 98 Regency has a
factory litter basket that matches the burgundy interior.

(Imperial Content!)

I've always wished for something similar in my Imperial, but it would interfere
with the fresh air vent on the passenger side.

Jay King
Meridian, Mississippi

Honey Gold 1973 LeBaron 4DHT