Starting problems?

Hi Jan,

Unless the condition of the battery is in question
(for instance,
it was sitting dead when you bought the car, or it
cranks very
slowly), I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If it's
not
maintenance-free, make sure you check the water levels
in the
cells.

If you feel the need to carry an extra battery to jump
the car,
go to your local auto parts store and buy their
jumpstarter.  It
contains a battery and uses jumper cables.  Mine
includes a
work light, and some also include a handy air
compressor so
you can check your inflation anywhere.  Carrying a
spare
battery is probably overkill, and could cause a fire
if the
terminals touch any metal in your trunk.

Tim

--------