Bad Dlrshp-Melissa pls write/call Hemmings

Bad Dlrshp-Melissa pls write/call Hemmings

I agree with Henry, Melissa.  I forgot to also advise you to contact
Hemmings.  You may do this online and file an abbreviated complaint against
the dealer.  The customer liaison will contact you in a matter of a day or
so asking for the rest of the story.  Let me warn you though, Hemmings will
quickly refer you to their 'dispute policy'!  They are not there to be judge
or jury as stated in their policy but merely to try and resolve the dispute.
They WILL NOT ban an advertiser (so I was informed by the liaison) unless
their attempts to contact the advertiser fall on deaf ears OR you are
successful in getting a judgment against them in a court of law. They never
told me an advertiser would be banned based solely on the number of
complaints they have received.

It is important that Hemmings be made aware of this so they may start (more
than likely, add to) a file on this dealer.  Try and be concise but fully
explain how the vehicle was described to you and what condition the vehicle
is actually in.  Be prepared to provide them with what you wish to see in
the way of a dispute resolution.  That is why I suggested you have your car
appraised.  Knowing its actual worth is important.  You then can decide if
you wish to keep the vehicle or have the dealer take it back.  Obviously the
dollar amount is different so you need to KNOW what to ask for in the way of
a partial refund vs. a full refund.

 Once the dealer is notified by Hemmings of the complaint, he will have
thirty days in which to respond.  If Hemmings is not able to resolve the
dispute to your satisfaction, you have no choice but to 'forget' about it
(like you ever will!) or seek legal retribution through an attorney.  But at
least, by notifying Hemmings, you have given the dealer the opportunity to
settle the dispute amicably.  If he refuses, Hemmings is out of the picture!
A sharp attorney will know what to do to help and I urge you to find one if
you do not presently have one!   Leave NO stone unturned in your quest to
find some equity in this very unbalanced transaction between you and this
'less than scrupulous' dealer!

Greg