State of Illinois auto sales attitude WAS Re: IML: Warning: bad dealersh

State of Illinois auto sales attitude WAS Re: IML: Warning: bad dealership!!

Hello all,

First, to Eric and Melissa Swenson, sorry to hear about your car buying experience.

*State of Illinois attitude on car salew, repair etc. see below *

I did not read your original posting when looking to buy from this dealer.
Due to time restraints, I can only scan postings and read few.
For the record I have been here since the days of  "Tony" first as cruiser66
I have been to this dealer, they sprang up like "weeds" over the last several years.
I am not a dealer, I am a mechanical restore/repair shop now in Newark, IL. But I am always looking for "barn fresh" finds.  I have seen "barn finds" that I passed on (because they were little more than parts cars) show up in their "trader" ads for # 3 or better prices.
I have heard, and we all know about "swap meet stories," that Trader.Com placed their new warning at the top of their classic car search results page due to complaints about this dealer and others. Trader print and online carry many of this dealers ads.

*In this State (Illinois) a dealer is ONLY responsible to WHAT IS IN WRITING on the Sales CONTRACT. PERIOD!
No office of this state will take any action unless what is WRITTEN and what shows up are SUBSTANTIAL DIFFERENT.
You may have some luck IF the bill of sale says something like; good driver, good condition, or a statement as to drivability. But them you have to PROVE that it is NOT as stated.
If the bill of sale states "AS IS, AS SHOWN" I can tell you that THIS STATE WILL TAKE THE DEALERS SIDE.

STILL I would call or write as many departments of this state and of consumer protection agencies as you can.

BUT You have already presented this in one of the best formats to see real action, that is to see their sales decline.
KEEP IT UP, at every chance you get, to everyone that looks and wants to talk about you car. To every car club you can find anywhere.
You may not only save someone else a similar experience, you can cost a bad dealer SALES.

Best of luck, You're in the right place for help.

My .02
Ron
http://www.cruisersclassics.com/