Please WELCOME A New Member, Roland H. Ellsworth (1957, 1964, 1967 & 7 1

Please WELCOME A New Member, Roland H. Ellsworth (1957, 1964, 1967 & 7 1980's)

Hi folks---E-mail address for Roland was wrong---do we have a good one?---Mike Popp
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 1:54 PM
Subject: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Roland H. Ellsworth (1957, 1964, 1967 & 7 1980's)

New Subscriber(s): Roland H. Ellsworth
Email Address is:
amas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Upper Sacramento Valley

Car(s) owned: 1957 Crown Convert.    One 1964, and One 1967 Imperial LeBarons
Seven 1981-1983

Self-Introduction:      Unfortunately I am overwhelmed by ownership of these cars.       I started with one 1982 Imp with EFI, (my wifes car), which we both thought was a super sutomobile.  That is, up to about 75,000 miles.  At that point it became the most unreliable, unpredictable, in and out of Chrysler service stations, and nothing but a pile of expense.  To this day my wife wants nothing to do with a Chrysler automobile.
     Finally I decided that no damned car was going to get the best of me, so I paid way too much for a retrofitted to carburetion 82.  Parked them both under a shade tree where I dismantled and junked the complete EFI system from my original car; and installed the carburetor and it's component parts from the second acquisition onto
my original.
     This was a mistake to do this to the second car, but I couldn't believe the achieved super results it brought to the original 82.  This car was driveable again and I am convinced it was better running than it ever was with the EFI.  However, my wife never rode in it again.
     Shortly after this, I located two 1982 Imps.  One original EFI in beautiful condition, and one in not to good shape, retrofitted to carburetor.  What a deal!!!  Owning both of them, I could again get rid of the EFI, and make me another beautiful 1982 Imperial.  Well, that never happened; and when other cars became available, the same dumb idea possesed me to acquire more.  Anyway, is anyone looking for parts, or wanting 81-83 Imps.
     Actually my idea of restoring these cars was interupted by a gift of probably the most restorable 1957 Crown Convertible around these parts.  Now I am getting nothing done to any of the cars, because the frustration of working on one, when I should be doing something to another is too great.  Sounds dumb, but real!
     Somebody told me, and I listened, that owning Imperials would someday be profitable; so the reason for the 64 and 67 Imperial LeBarons.  I am tired of this great potential profitability surrounding me so I am dumping cars.  Anyone interested?
     I am trying my best in getting committed to the 57 convert; so that isn't leaving ,..yet.
     Just noticed, well past midnite, and enough on me.