chrysler water tube

This is a "water distribution tube". By its very nature, it is required for the
engine to run at the correct temperature, and evenly in all areas of the block.
I am not sure about your car, but in others that I have worked on, this tube
comes out through the front of the motor. To pull it out, it is usually
necessary to remove the fan, water pump, radiator, and sometimes the grill.
Having this part corrode inside your cooling system is not something to be
taken lightly.

First, what ever is causing it to corrode is also damaging other parts. Second,
if it is corroded, other stuff is probably corroded as well. Third, corrosion
plugs up water passages, and that will cut down on cooling as much or more than
anything else that would be wrong.

It would seem that a major clean out and replenshing of your cooling system
would be in order.

When I was a little kid, my father had a bigh car with a straight 8 engine (not
Chrysler, but we had one of those too). The water distribution tube went bad,
causing the car to overheat badly, especially on the highway. When he figured
out what was wrong, it cost more to have the car fixed than it was worth, so it
was junked.

Paul