64 power window runs all the time....

I know that this must sound painfully obvious, but when my '65 Crown four door
did that, it was because the wires in the door jam were shorting out to each
other and the car body.

All the switch does is complete the circuit. If that happens with out the
switch, that means that the wires are probably doing it by themselves, usually
because the insulation has broken off, and the copper strands are touching each
other or grounding out.

Open the door and take a look at the metal "wire cover". I think that you can
remove it and the wires will be exposed. It shouldn't be too hard to spot wires
with broken insulation. For the time being, electrical tape would probably work
until you can replace the wires themselves.

Paul